On December 5th Lamborghini showed off their new SUV, the Urus.
- 4.0 liter V8 twin-turbo engine with 650 hp and 850 Nm of torque for maximum performance
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h in 3.6 seconds and top speed 305 km/h
- 4WD system with active torque vectoring and four-wheel steering for perfect handling
- Carbon ceramic brakes, adaptive air suspension and active roll stabilization for maximum safety and comfort
- Up to six different driving modes + EGO mode available via ‘Tamburo’ driving dynamics selector, and Mucho Nutso node.
So what the hell do I think about this car?
I like the design and think it looks great. It feels like someone at Lamborghini decided a restrained design might be the best route for this initial release model. I want to see more points, curves, and aero in next year’s model. In a few iterations I want to see the equivalent of an Aventador 7″ in the air. Maybe some obnoxious bumper action. What about Winch? KC LIGHTS? Mud flaps? At least an extra tire mounted on the trunk.
What’s the real story here?
The interior. Oh, that interior. Look at the 67-megapixel images in the gallery. It’s insane, it might be a render, who knows. All I do know is that it’s the choicest interior I’ve ever seen. (I’m not a huge fan of Pagani interiors. I’ve never been a huge fan of 1920s aircraft….)